Monday, August 20, 2007

Lost and Found

Last weekend I left our stroller in the trunk of a taxi. It's just an umbrella stroller, but it has a sunshade and a little net bag on the back for storage, and it's the only one I have. I have used it here for Gwen quite a lot. I was so disappointed to lose it.

Three days later, when the boys and Scott were walking out of our building to the boys' bus stop on the first day of school, Seth glanced over at the gate leading into our complex and can you believe, he saw our stroller! It was leaning up against the gate.

I was so shocked! That the cabbie remembered, days later, where he had picked us up, was the first surprise. That he would care enough to return the stroller was even more surprising.

It was like a gift for me, to see the kindness of a Chinese cabbie. Would that have happened in the States? I hope so.

2 comments:

Andrew said...

You are lucky and blessed to have gotten it back and it speaks volumes of cultural differences and respect for personal property which unfortunately some people in this country do not to seem to have anymore.

The fact that you ask the question and were shocked is suggesting you might already know the answer...However it is your strong faith that I truly admire in you.

My parents once lost their camera in Germany while on vacation and someone actually found it and mailed it to them in the states.

Andrew

Kayce said...

I loved this post! Moments like that make you rethink the status of our world. Maybe things aren't that bad. There are good in people still.