Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Blue Sky!

Today is the clearest day we've had in the month we have been in Shanghai. There is actually blue sky, and we can see sooo far! Usually the whole sky is cloud-colored, but today the clouds are quite separate from the rest of the sky. The view is amazing... I can't help exclaiming every time I pass the window!

This is the view out the front, from our bedroom and the living room. I actually opened the little side window to take these pictures, so the clarity is better than through the glass like I usually do.
This is the view out the back, from the dining room and the kids' bedrooms. I love the red and blue roofs!
The view of the Pearl Tower from where we were with our friends this morning... so pretty against the blue sky. It would have been a great day to go up to the observation deck.
This was taken a week or so ago, on a day that wasn't nearly so clear. Notice the haze that kind of settles over the view.

3 comments:

The Write Life said...

Wow, Lynne, the sheer amount of buildings is unbelievable! The pictures are breathtaking. What a beautiful place you live in!

My sister and her family left today for Kenya. It was a hard goodbye, but we're already in our countdown phase of when they'll return. (49 mondays as she says! LOL. Not quite a year because they leave after third term of school, so cut it down by three weeks.)

I hope she'll blog so we can watch her journey, too. I set her up a blog, so we'll see.

Are you in China for a year? Or is it indefinate?

Paige

Anonymous said...

So good to see the sun (that's always up there) finally reveal itself!! What a difference the sunshine makes! Just one more amazing gift from our God!! I imagine I'd wittle away a good portion of my time with a view like that! Enjoy!!

Anonymous said...

Forgive the spelling error - that would be "whittle"!!