Monday, August 06, 2007

Did You Know That In Shanghai...

... you can buy bags of MSG at the grocery store?

... you can get a shave on the street for 1 yuan (12 cents)?

...on a clear day you can see high rises out to the horizon from our living room window?

...women prize light complexions and that there are numerous products sold to whiten the skin?

... pedestrians never have the right of way?

... left turns can and will be made from the far right lane?

...you can buy live turtles at the supermarket?

...women carry umbrellas to protect themselves from the sun?

...it is common to see several people on the same bicycle at one time?

...you can have shoes and clothes made to order?



Come, come and see for yourself! We'd be very glad to show you around!

1 comment:

Judith and Lance said...

It's so cool that you are living there and I love reading about your experiences. I would love to bring Bella to visit someday. I updated your email address on my blog, let me know if you get the updates, please. My email address is: judithperdue@yahoo.com (you had my last name w/ a "u" instead of an "e", a very common mistake!)