Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Posing with the Stars

We had a fun little outing today, and it wasn't really anything that enriched our knowledge of Chinese culture, unless you're counting Asian pop singers. We went to... Madame Tussaud's Wax Museum. Be forewarned... there are quite a few pictures here! But that's what you do at Madame Tussauds... you take pictures with the stars.

Apparently, Seth and Caleb are among the stars. Not just a few school age Chinese girls at the museum wanted pictures with my boys! It was really funny... one girl asked me if she could take a picture of my children "because they are so beautiful". I know Chinese people like to pose in pictures with westerners, so I obliged. But I quickly saw that the cameras were aimed just at the boys, and that was just the beginning! They had quite a following as we walked through the exhibits. Must be that long hair...


Three great looking guys!
MJ & the girls.
Caleb and a Chinese pop star jam a little.
A table for two with George Clooney... of course I have my own Clooney at home!

Everyone knows Yao Ming!



Caleb and I tried to make our best Rocky faces.
Okay, so he's got a good smile. You can give the guy that much.


Cuddling up to Elvis.


Me with my beautiful girls and the "Pretty Woman"!
Madelyn and Marilyn hold down their skirts.
Don't get too close to the Terminator.
What are you thinking, Einstein?



Caleb advised Tiger on how to make the putt.
Blocking Yao Ming is a tall order! Having breakfast at Tiffany's!
Got him covered, 007!




4 comments:

RamblingMother said...

Okay some of those are quite freaky.

Beverly

Gwen said...

Wow...many of those look very real! That looks like fun!

Rachel said...

Wow, those were amazing!

Anonymous said...

It amused me that you could actually pose with the wax people, touch them even. It seems in the states they would all be roped off. The wax figures seemed designed for you to interact with them! What a kick!

Christie