Thursday, October 25, 2007

Worlds Collide

Tomorrow, tomorrow, tomorrow morning, my parents will be here! They are ending a 3 week tour of China, and I hope we are the final touch on a great trip for them. We are anxious to hear about all their travels, and of course we are so excited that they will be here with us in our home!

Madelyn said, "I can't believe Grandpa and Grandma came 14 hours just to see us." If only she knew how anxious they are to see her!

Last night I told a friend in Chicago that having my parents here will be having someone from our old life... she said it's like "worlds colliding", to quote a line from Seinfeld. However, unlike George Costanza, for us it will be a good thing to have the worlds colliding. Somehow it validates our life here.

We are hoping that my dad and mom are only the first in a long line of visitors from our "old life." We have too many things on our list of things to do with them to get to them all in just ten days. And there are too many conversations we'll want to have...

Won't some of you come walk the streets of Shanghai with us too?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That would be some field trip!!

sarah said...

Someday, oh someday we hope to! You must be overjoyed to have your parents there! Have an absolutely wonderful time!

park it said...

Hope you are having a great time with your family!

Anonymous said...

Have you noticed that a lot of the comments that people post don't convey any information? Maybe there should be a button that someone can press that says "yes, I read this post." I'll do my best to alway put meat in my comments. :)

As we have promised, we are going to do all we can to come see you in your "bizarro world" (alternate universe). Sarah is drooling at the thought of world travel and I can't seem to shake off the thought that I need to find person-sized hamster balls to protect myself and my family while we are on the other side of the globe. Holy stretching experience Batman! -STD