Sunday, October 28, 2007

Seth's Smile

Yes, he is still smiling. That's Seth for you. He's that kind of kid.

This smile doesn't look quite the same as the one I posted a week or so ago. That's because he took a pretty nasty spill doing a trick on his rollerblades yesterday, a trick that involved high speed and a steep ramp and jumping. He didn't land quite right and now is the proud owner of stitches in his lip and chin, and we are all mourning the loss of half of his permanent top front tooth.

When he came home from the doctor and dentist yesterday late afternoon, he was feelin' pretty poorly. Scott told him he'd be happy later that he had a picture of how he looked right after the injury, and he managed this little smile.

The good news is that although yesterday he couldn't even drink any water and I had to just drip a little at a time into his mouth for him, by noon today he had creatively figured out how to eat a cheeseburger and fries. The bad news is that the nerve is exposed in his broken front tooth, and it's possible that the tooth may die. We are praying that the tooth can be saved and capped, rather than needing an implant. We have to wait for his lip to heal before the dentist can do x-rays and a more complete exam.

The broken tooth has been quite sensitive, yesterday at the dentist just a puff of air on it was extremely painful. Tonight I asked Seth how it felt. His answer~ "Short".

That's our Seth!

6 comments:

sarah said...

Oh no! Seth you're still as handsome as ever! Hang in there!

Love you!

Anonymous said...

Seth,
So sorry to hear about your accident. Your still my HANDSOME GRANDSON.

I LOVE YOU
Nannie

Anonymous said...

Hi,

A few years back I fell and broke my front tooth too. The nerve was also exposed but my mum and I decided to just cap it and pray that the tooth doesn't die. So far it has been good haven't got any major problems yet. Hope your son gets better soon! :)

God bless.
Angelina

Anonymous said...

Seth -

Alright, man. Finally some hardcore scars on that handsome face of yours. Can't wait to see the damage at Christmas.

Don't let this keep you off the blades too long and let me know when you finally nail that landing.

Miss you buddy,

Uncle Justin

Rebecca said...

Okay, so is this the tooth whose baby-tooth predecessor refused to come out? Because that would really be Something....

Oh, Seth. I'm so sorry this happened to you. I hope you feel better soon!!

Jenny V said...

wow I am not sure who I am more impressed with Seth or YOU! Looks like you are both handling things like true champs! Hope everything heals quickly!
Jenny V