Sunday, October 07, 2007

Diving In!

The kids had so much fun jumping, twisting, flipping and diving off the diving board at one of the hotel pools. The girls had never been off a diving board before, and it had been a very long time for Caleb and Seth. Trampoline experience served them well, though, and the boys were soon doing flips with ease. Both girls jumped off fearlessly their first time... somehow I remember long hesitations on my part as a child, when faced with the distance between the board and the water. I did just fine this time, though!

Isn't it funny how it looks like Madelyn is crawling over the water in this picture?!
Gwen's classic jumping posture... knees bent like this, same every time. She loved it! Our only sorrow with the fun of the diving board was that Uncle Justin wasn't with us to accelerate the rate at which the children would try increasingly dangerous tricks! Wink, wink.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like the boys didn't need my encouragement... but I wonder how many rotations Caleb and Seth could achieve if I were to double-bounce them on that board. On second thought, that would be dangerous - so naturally we'd wait until you were distracted before trying it out.

I would love to have been there with you guys - it looks beautiful. Miss you guys tons and can't wait to hear all about the trip.

Love,

Justin