Saturday, December 24, 2005

We're Home!



Just want everyone to know that we made it! Our own beds have never felt so good. The flight was long, but not unbearable. Gwen had a few bouts of frustrated crying, but slept a lot, which really helped. We breezed through customs and immigration at O'Hare... Gwen is officially a United States citizen now! It was awesome to see the kids' faces as we walked toward the doorway that they were waiting on the other side of. We stopped midstride to get out the video camera to capture their reaction to seeing their new sister for the first time! Gwen was only slightly hesitant... she reached out to the kids quickly and even let them hold her. She fell asleep very quickly in her carseat once we were on the way home... that in itself is a blessing because a carseat is a completely new experience for her. The first night she woke up around 2 in the morning pretty wide awake, but we offered her a bottle of water and she eventually slept again and didn't wake until 7:30. We're trying to switch her to local time here cold turkey! She is enjoying exploring our house with the kids' help, and is getting lots of attention from them!

Alright... there is more to tell but it will have to wait. Enjoy the pictures of Gwen at home... finally!

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

I am so happy to hear that you made it home safe and Gwen is adjusting well. Merry Christmas.

Johnny said...

That time shift is "a bear". Best wishes on that! Congrats on making it home!

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas Liptaks! Enjoy your first Christmas as a full family of six! I can't wait to talk with you...
Tamara

Anonymous said...

Hey Lynne,
I have read your blog at least everyday loving every single minute of it. I was so excited for you, I can't imagine what it'll feel like for us. I could have left comments on each one, but I didn't want to be a nuisance. We've all prayed for all of you so very much. She is so precious. Have a blessed Christmas. Call me in a couple of weeks or months, whenever you get a free second - ha,ha!
Blessings, Jeri
P.S. I was at my mom and dad's Christmas Eve and showed them your blog to my sister. I kept saying I can't believe they're home now and just wondering - what must Gwen be thinking. She looks so happy, she knows she's home!

Pilgrim in Progress said...

You are so lucky that Gwen slept much of the flight. Kate did not want to miss anything and didn't sleep until about 10 hours into the flight! Welcome home, we enjoyed getting to know three of the six of you and look forward to seeing you in the near future!