Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Home with Dad and Mom... and brothers and sister

Have I said yet how good it is to be home?! Of course there are responsibilities here that we didn't have in China... like cooking meals and doing our laundry! The lack of total undivided attention has taken it's toll on Gwen... she's been fussier here than she was while we were in China, but then again home for us meant a whole new set of unfamiliar things for her. I think she's really doing beautifully as she learns to fit in to our family, but the learning curve is high. I'm so thankful that she is sleeping all night and going to bed without a peep. That makes me much more friendly!
Please continue to pray with us for her to feel safe and loved with us. The kids want so much to play with her, but often she prefers me or Scott over them. Perfectly understandable, but not something we want to promote. She has had great times of laughing with the kids and taking them by the hand to show them things also... so there is definite progress.

The second night we were home, when Gwen was still waking up in the night thinking it was 4 in the afternoon, Caleb went and got her when she cried and I didn't realize it. I heard him calling me sometime later and didn't find him when I looked in his bed. I found him in the office, holding her... she was fast asleep in his arms, and he was shivering with cold from being dressed only in shorts for bed. What a wonderful thing it was to see her cuddled up in his arms!

No comments: