Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Perfect Pick

I just have to say that now I understand what Steve and Jo-Ann and everyone else we've spoken to who has adopted has told us. Gwen is so perfect for our family. God definitely chose her from before her birth to be a Liptak. She has completely stolen my heart! It is amazing to love her so much after such a short time of knowing her... but I felt as if I knew her as soon as we met. The real miracle is how God put us in her heart also. She comes to us for comfort, laughs with us, wants us to hold her, gives me wet kisses, and backs up into my lap if I'm sitting on the floor. We have never been strangers to her. It is certainly His doing and nothing of us.

Thank you, thank you all for your prayers. Thank you Jesus, for Gwen.

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

Oh my. How kind He is.

Anonymous said...

For the first few seconds after reading your message about how Gwen seems to be a perfect fit with your family, I thought, "thank you Jesus for answering prayer and performing a great work". And now I am shaking my head at myself for being surprised by this. Some time ago, one of our pastors gave a message that impacted my greatly. The topic was giving control over to God and being at peace in his providence. We have no problem holding fast to the following claims: God is all-powerful, God is omniscient, God is good, God loves us. So why do we carry worry around with us? Who better to care for our every need? Who is like our God? We love you Liptaks and can't wait to meet our niece/cousin! -S,S&C Davis

Anonymous said...

A friend we have in common gave me your blog address because I told him I wanted to adopt a child from China and he told me your story. We currently have 3 adopted children (all domestic) and have seriously been thinking about adopting again. My husband thought I was nuts....what, three isn't enough? But after we both read your blog, we are so sure we are doing the right thing. We also strongly believe that the Lord has a plan and I know for certain, he wanted us to see how beautiful and blessed your family is and to show us our choice is the right one.