Saturday, September 19, 2009

When There Was One


Out of the archives... actually, out of the frame on my dresser. I love this photo of Caleb and I; it's a good one to have around as a reminder of simpler days! It was taken in the front yard of my parents' old house, the house I grew up in, in May of 1995, when Caleb was nine months old and I was 26. Long ago! My grandma, who is two months away from her 101st birthday, took this photo. She was faithfully labeled all her photos, and on the back of this one, in her distinctive handwriting, it says the place and date it was taken along with this description, "This one is a winner! Lynne and Caleb playing on the lawn at Bob and Nancy's".

Thanks, Grandma.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember that little boy, so long ago. What a sweet picture!! ~ Tracy

Anonymous said...

Great photo! Those are always the best smile makers!
Christie

Lynne said...

Realized after I posted this that the hooded sweater Caleb is wearing in this photo was made by my Grandma... so again~

...thank you, Grandma! :-) I love to see your fingerprints on my life!

Jennifer J said...

I love this post...made me smile...reminds us of the joy of being a Momma.

Anonymous said...

Lynne, what a sweet photo! Some pictures capture a time and a moment so beautifully! That one does! Mom

Laura said...

Sweet picture! I also recognize the surroundings and it makes me nostalgic for the time I spent with you there!

Rebecca said...

*sigh*