Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Haircut Result

This is Caleb's before haircut profile, taken last night. The funny thing is that he had actually gotten a haircut on Sunday, so this isn't long hair. It's the shorter version of the way he's worn his hair for the past few years, though. A couple of years ago he had his hair about this length and longer, but with no layers... ended up with a less neat look. I liked his hair like this picutre. No complaints from me. That's why it was so funny to hear his pronouncement last night about being "sick of this stupid long hair"! I think his issue was not really with the overall length, but with a few side pieces that wanted to curl or bend in a funny way that he couldn't seem to tame.

Here are the after shots. It's definitely not a buzz, but for once in the past several years, his whole ear is visible. :-) It's funny, I think he looks older with the haircut, but I also felt like I could better see the little boy he used to be with his hair like this.
He really wasn't wanting to pose for pictures last night as he was busy with last minute packing for his interim trip. His group of about twenty students and two teachers left this morning at 7 a.m. for a week in Guizhou province (southwest China, south of Sichuan). He is on a week-long adventure trip that will include kayaking and hiking, with some overnight camping. I understand that Guizhou is a mountainous province where largely minority Chinese people (not Han Chinese, which is what over 90% of the Chinese people are) live. I'm excited about what he will see and experience!

Great haircut, man!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the haircut! I think he looks much older. Maybe its because he doesn't have bangs anymore. Hmmm. . are they called "bangs" on a boy?
Beth

Anonymous said...

Caleb, the haircut makes you look older! You look really great! I love the new look! Grandma

Sarah Jane said...

He looks stunninly old and handsome! But I see what you mean, its been so long since he has had a shorter cut that it reminds one of the younger Caleb.

Mary and Justin said...

Great haircut Caleb!

Laura said...

I like the haircut!! For some reason, I can see your Aunt Sarah in your face in the last photo!

sarah said...

Oh my goodness! I love it :) He looks so handsome!

Rebecca said...

Wow. NOW he looks older. Much older. My oh my.

Keri said...

Would love to hear details of Caleb's trip. My daughter is from Guizhou.