Saturday, September 05, 2009

Late Night Fun

Caleb has just showed me a video he and his friend Ben made last night, I think after the rest of the house was sleeping. Along with a couple of laughing fifteen year old boys with a camera, it involved a pyramid of paper cups filled with water, stacked on the bathroom counter. There were a couple of air soft (plastic pellet) guns. How many holes can we shoot into the cups? Can I drain the water out of my stack of cups before you drain yours? How fast can we destroy the cups in the pyramid by shooting holes in them and have water spurt out all over the bathroom?

At the end, after a number of attempts that just dented it, they shot a hole into a aerosol can of Axe body spray. If you have spent any time near a teenage boy in the last year, you know what Axe smells like. Apparently Axe was wafting all over... Scott warned me this morning to stay away from the boys' bathroom.

Caleb declared last night's activities to have been a lot more fun than watching a movie. Is there more of this in our future?

I may stay out of that bathroom permanently.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

There could be worse reasons for staying away from the boys bathroom. Axe has the same affect on me.
~ Tracy

Lynne said...

I actually don't mind Axe in normal amounts, but I find that it's almost always used to excess in our house!

Lana said...

So funny! Lynne - we miss you all! Brian and I were talking about you yesterday. It sounds like you had a great summer! (And oh how I wish it would have included Hilton Head!) Love you!