Sunday, September 06, 2009

Canoe Trip Photo Album

I'm warning you now, this post contains LOTS of pictures! Thus the title, Canoe Trip Photo Album. I had a really hard time narrowing down the 500+ pictures I had to work with. Both cameras that these pictures were taken with were point and shoot, and I think they took some amazing photos! Feel free to scroll quickly, but don't miss the amazing scenery of British Columbia that these six guys were surrounded by last month.

Evan, Caleb and Seth don their filled backpacks in Uncle Ken's living room the night before the trip.
In Bowron Lake Provincial Park, ready to start!
And they're off!This picture cracks me up! Uncle Ken is graciously doing all the paddling while Caleb takes his ease in the front of the canoe. I'm sure it was a momentary thing... right, Uncle Ken?!
Hey guys, let's hike up to that falls!

The crew skirts around the edge of this falls. Who will be the first to plunge in?
Uncle Justin and Seth face the freezing water. Seth said it was so cold it literally took their breath away!Their wet heads prove they all did it!
Justin and Caleb on the way to fill their drinking water containers from a mountain spring.

An overturned canoe served as a buffet table all week.
Fooling around in the canoe late one afternoon, after the campsite for the night was already reached.

Handy to have wheels to portage between lakes.
I love the reflection in this picture!
The canoes were emptied of all the gear every night when the guys set up camp. Aren't they picturesque waiting here by the edge of the lake for the next day's adventure?
Love the obvious "just woke up" look on Seth's face!

Again, the reflection is so beautiful!

Floating down the rapids!
Caleb and Uncle Justin are feeling like true adventurers about now!
Another portage... notice all the moss on the hillside.

There are ten lakes on the circuit... this one seems to have deep aqua water.
Breakfast with a mountain view!
Caleb, the lone fisherman...
A beach campsite
Another day, another lake, another mountain!
Coffee was a staple, both evening...
...and morning!
They made it!
Thanks, Uncle Ken, for taking my guys on a trip of a lifetime!

10 comments:

Kayce said...

What an incredible trip! The pictures are just beautiful.!

Kristen said...

Love all your pictures! I heard that it was a wonderful time!

Anonymous said...

Evan had a wonderful time with your men, Jusstin and Uncle Ken. So glad you posted these! What an awesome memory Uncle Ken planned. Evan misses the guys. Thanks to Scott, too, for the opportunity! Wendy and Bill

Hazel's mom said...

I loved seeing pictures and hearing stories from the guys. Makes me hope I've got one more trip in me someday.

Anonymous said...

Great post. I just recieved all the pictures from Uncle Ken, so I'll be posting a bunch myself...my goal is to not duplicate any of the pics you have here.

Justin

Anonymous said...

Lynne, Scott, Caleb and Seth, What gorgeous pictures and what an incredible time you had! I enjoyed seeing more of the pictures so much! Mom and Grandma

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting these. It is great to see some of the pictures to go along with the travels. It looks like you all had a great time!
-Matt

Sarah Jane said...

guys, these pictures are awesome! I really hope I can go someday with you! I love you Seth and Caleb.
Love Caden

Rebecca said...

Spectacular! The trip of a lifetime, I think!

Anonymous said...

Nice morning face.

Nicole