Friday, September 04, 2009

Bloom Where You're Planted

Last spring Madelyn and I planted some Cosmo seeds in a pot. We were pleased to have them sprout, grow and bloom a couple of months later. We enjoyed them for weeks in the late spring. When we returned to Shanghai in August, the pot of Cosmo blossoms was all but withered and dead. I pulled the remaining frail twigs of stems out and threw them in the trash, and then planted a different type of flower in the pot and moved it to our front steps.

However, apparently while we were away and the cosmos were drying up, some of the seeds blew in the wind... because a couple of weeks ago I noticed a tiny Cosmo plant eking out an existence in a crack of the courtyard in front of our house. I chuckled when I saw it growing there, in no noticeable amount of actual soil.

And this morning, there is not just a tiny plant, but a flower, and more buds waiting to open. Isn't that inspiration at it's best?
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very Beautiful. What a sweet present from God.

Anonymous said...

Truly a beautiful parallel to what God can do in and through our lives. Where we think there's nothing much to work with, He creates something lovely!
I love Cosmos!! ~ Tracy

Sarah Jane said...

I like it.

Donna said...

What a beautiful photo! I love the message too. It reminds me of a poem I've always held dear.


Donna
Our blog: Double Happiness!