Sunday, June 03, 2007

Sunday's Activities, Hers & His

Here are the things I have done today since 10:30 a.m.

Gone to church with the kids
Returned a pair of batting gloves that were too big
Considered with Seth what the dentist will say about the fact that the expander that was cemented into Seth's mouth has just come out
Made lunch
Ate lunch with the kids
Did the dishes
Weeded a little
Checked out a robin's nest with Madelyn
Put Gwen down for a nap
Took a nap myself
Folded laundry
Jumped on the trampoline with the girls
Read books to Gwen
Took a bike ride to the playground with Gwen
Watched Seth and his friend dig new channels for the water at the creek
Made pumpkin bread
Responded to some email
Emptied the dishwasher
Made dinner
Ate dinner on the deck with the kids
Stacked dishes in the sink
Talked with a neighbor
Gave the girls a bath
Dried Gwen's hair
Brushed Seth's teeth
Admired Madelyn's drawing
Gave good night kisses
Took Gwen to the potty one more time
Closed the house up

And now, at 9:50 p.m., I am off to bed to read.

Scott got on the plane for Shanghai at 10:30ish this morning.
Scott is still on the plane.
Scott will be on the plane for about 3 more hours.

I think I might prefer my day. :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too bad you have all of that free time for yourself!! Right-what free time. But, it does sound like you made the day pass in a fun manner.

park it said...

whewwwwww - that just wears me out thinking about it all!
These "little" things are what make your heart sing...the little hands that reach up to you for assistance - the smile from pearly white teeth when "all clean" - the full bellies - the wind in your hair as your ride your bike or jump on the trampoline - I feel blessed that I have the ability to do these things for my family - and that I have been given the gift of a family to do it for! Keep up the great work - SUPER MOM!
Hugs fm us
c & k