Thursday, June 07, 2007

Links

Just want to make some notes for you about the links in my sidebar~

My dear friend Rebecca (author of As In A Mirror, which I have referenced here before) and her family are in East Africa right now, on a missions trip with a group from their church. I don't fully understand all that they are doing on this trip, but I know that they are seeing and experiencing things that many of us never will. Check out her blog... you will find that she is a wonderfully entertaining and gifted writer.


Blessed is the FRUIT of My Womb follows the pregnancy and first months of new parenting for Judith and Lance and their adorable daughter, Bella. If you want to see a Really Cute Nursery, scroll through the archives and see what a cute room Judith and Lance created for Bella! Scott and I met Lance and Judith through a church small group several years ago. I love checking this blog to get my baby fix!

Chopsticks and Tabouli is the relatively recently created blog of my friend Carol. Scott and I met Carol in China on our adoption journey... her daughter Kimberly is from the same orphanage as Gwen. You can't help but feel a special connection with someone that you go through such a life altering experience as adoption with! Carol and I have kept in touch via email and love to "talk" to each other about our girls. Carol has just switched to a blog from another type of site. You'll find that she is a great photographer and does creative things with the pictures she takes of her cutie.


My friend Andrea took my recent post about wishing all my friends had blogs to heart and started one of her own last week. It's called Cleveland Sports Nut, and already has several posts! Andrea and I are friends from junior high, double dated in high school, had our third children together (our due dates were 9 days apart!) and have shared lots of fun times together with our husbands and children. Our family moved away from Andrea's family three and half years ago, which was sad for the adults and children alike, and now we are about to move even farther away. I'm so excited and thankful that she has started a blog... I look forward to getting a little more news from her family this way!

I've never actually met the author of Double Happiness, but I feel like I know her! She is Donna, the creator of the Family Fun Foto Challenge that I often participate in on this blog. She has two Chinese daughters, named Gwen and Madeline (Maddie). She found me in the early days of Now We Are Six, because of our "Gwen connection". We have emailed ocassionally, but I check her blog often, and have loved watching her beautiful daughters grow up! Donna is also a wonderful photographer, and does creative things with her photos.

OJ is the blog of Rebecca's friend, Beth. I haven't seen Beth in years, probably because Rebecca lives so far away from me that I hardly ever (recent visit aside!) get to see her, let alone her friends. But I love Beth through Rebecca, and I love reading her blog... when she posts (wink, wink, Beth!). It's thoughtful, different, funny, quirky, and she posts cute pictures of her kids. What more could you ask for?!


Photo Diletantte is the blog of my sister-in-law, Mindy. She has just recently taken up photography, but you'd never know it from her amazing pictures. Her goal is to post one picture a day, taken on that day, for 365 days. She on a roll, having done this since March, and I love checking her blog every day for the new picture.

My dear friend Sara Jane is, of course, the author of Sara Jane Says. She is a writer waiting (hopefully not much longer!) to be discovered. Full length devotionals seem to flow effortlessly from her fertile mind. I love how she can turn an everyday event into a spiritual lesson for herself and those who are blessed to read her thoughts. Check out her blog... someday soon you may see it bound on the shelves of your local Christian bookstore!

The View From Valpo, by "Lanasplit", is a also a blog that is currently chronicling a pregnancy. Our sweet friends Brian and Lana moved from our area last summer, and we are moving from their country just one month before their first little guy is due to be born! I am so bummed to miss seeing him in his infancy, but of course I will be able to see him on the blog! Lana sees the bright side of most everything... you'll enjoy her blog and her encouraging words.


Hope you enjoy some of the blogs that I enjoy... happy reading!





No comments: