Friday, June 22, 2007

And then there were Two.... (again)

... two weeks, that is. We leave two weeks from today. Just today I felt like I could see the light at the end of the long tunnel of tasks that has stretched before us. We will leave in two weeks, whether or not I leave some drawers unsorted, or some cupboards in disarray. I'll just have some things to throw away on the other end! But I got the children's passports sent off for their visas today, which felt good to have taken care of, finally. That's one task that has been on my list for a while. And I have a lot of stuff waiting in the living room to load into the car to take to our families this weekend, which also feels good because it means Stuff is Leaving my house! One of our cars is being passed off to its new owner this weekend. Last night I ordered online a large portion of the books and curriulum I need for schooling Madelyn this fall. I called this morning to shut down the utilities that I can, high speed internet and cable TV (the others stay in our name until the house has a renter). Also this morning I put the final coat of paint on a little chest/shelf piece that I plan to use in our new kitchen.

So, slowly but surely we are winding down. Two weeks will go quickly. But it is fourteen days, after all, and fourteen is not such a small number. And after that.... the adventure begins. :-)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is SO exciting! 14 days is a short time, but at the same time it's an 'ocean of time' to finish everything that needs to get done. Are the kids super excited about it?

Gwen said...

It's getting exciting!

Anonymous said...

...waiting for the next blog and imagining I will cry a bit more. With all of this traveling and moving abroad, somewhere along the way Maggi and her 3 year old imagination has grown a little confused as she is now thinking that we are going to China on Friday for "eeecation" whereupon we will make sandcastles and it will be Christmas time. So apparently she has absorbed many conversations especially looking forward to Christmas because that is the next time we will see you.
:( :)
I think I will sit down and try to explain where everyone is going this afternoon to Maggi.
We love you all and miss you so!