Friday, June 29, 2007

One Week and Counting

One week from today we will be in the air, all six of us, on our way to Shanghai. I've not really given a lot of thought to what we might be thinking and feeling at that point, because for now I am too busy clearing out the last few unneeded items from the house, making the last trip to Goodwill, labeling everything in the house with stickers saying either STORAGE, SEA or AIR, getting out suitcases to begin packing, and preparing to begin the huge task of doing the detailed inventory of everything in our house. In between these tasks we've had several showings for renting our house in the last couple of days... I was careful to tell our realtor to let people know NOT to expect the house to be clean or even picked up!

I suppose the all-consuming nature of these tasks is preventing me from focusing on the fact that we are leaving a lot of people and places that we love behind. We've had several sweet visits with folks we love this week, and that will continue in the next few days. I don't want to miss this precious time with them because I'm so preoccupied, but perhaps it's God's way of protecting my emotions.

I'll keep you posted.

1 comment:

park it said...

I hope you are taking pictures of the goings on at your house - all of the hard work it takes to coordinate a move like this - and for that many people - you are the wonder woman!!! You go Girl!
Love us