Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Something From China

I found this handmade three dimensional picture in a tiny little shop that we frequented on Shaiman Island, just outside the White Swan Hotel. It is made of fabric and paper, intricately folded and cut to look like a little tradional Chinese outfit. The fabric is attached to some type of metal, maybe tin. There was no hardware on the back to hang it from, and the way the design came so close to the edge would make it difficult to frame. I was so attracted to it and it was so beautifully made, I decided to buy it anyway and figure out later how to hang it.

Last week I took it with me to the fabric store and found this sheer ribbon that I think looks just right with it. I glued it to the tin backing, added a bow... and now it hangs over Gwen's dresser! So glad I got it... it's a neat link to China.

No comments: