Thursday, February 02, 2006

I Don't Have Time

I don't seem to have time these days to write about all the things I'd like to. Topics I'd like to muse about and record for posterity, for Gwen to read later, pop into my mind from time to time, but I can't seem to get enough minutes together to actually get them on paper... I mean type them into my blog.

Topics like how Gwen clapped and clapped during the State of the Union address the other night. Every time there was applause, she joined in. Scott's comment was, "You have no idea, Little Girl." She's an American now... amazing.

Things like the wonderful kisses Gwen's been giving me. She gets her little arms so tightly wrapped around my neck and plants very wet kisses right on my lips, over and over.

Times when she eggs Scott on to chase her by pushing on his chest a little and then backing up, like she's saying "Come and get me, Dad!"

How she has her own little abbrieviated sign language, where she tries to combine the signs for "help" and "please" and it turns into a quick hand clap and chest tap.

About our first foray into celebrating Chinese New Year. We gave our kids their allowances in the traditional red envelopes that Chinese New Year gifts of money are presented in. Thank you, Jo-Ann, for bringing me the free red envelopes your bank was handing out! We went out for Chinese food. Then tonight we went to the Children's Museum at Navy Peir in downtown Chicago for their Chinese festival. We all explored the Monkey King activity area. Caleb took a Chinese calligraphy class and did really well trying his hand at Chinese characters. Seth and Madelyn did some Chinese painting that they made into lanterns, and we all watched some traditional Chinese dances. A nice little peek into Chinese culture.

I'd like to write about how Gwen really likes the quilt I made her. We always tuck it around her at naps and bedtime. This afternoon at naptime I added a second blanket on top of the quilt. She pushed it away. Then I tried to just lay it over her legs and feet. Nothing doing. She doesn't want any foreign blankets!

If I had time I'd tell about what a great dad Caleb is going to be. I'd tell how neat it is to watch him with Gwen, playing with her, encouraging her to obey me. I'd comment on how consistant he is with her, and how he reminds me to stay consistant.

So those are a few of the things I've thought of recently but don't have time to write about. No, I haven't any time. And now, my camera is lost so I don't have any pictures to post either. I think I left it at the Children's Museum at Navy Pier.

Oh well. Maybe this weekend I'll have a little time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lynne,

you said everything beautifuly! I love reading your blog, it helps me with my waiting time to get our little girl. Don't worry about not having time....when you do post it is great!

Kayce

PS - Feel free to check out our blog...
here are the passcodes
www.onetwogrow.typepad.com
onetwogrow
ladybugs

Rebecca said...

Blast about the camera!!! Blast! Blast! Blast!

But you've created some wonderful pictures with words here. Thank you!