Tuesday, May 08, 2012

Moving Forward

10 days until graduation.  One month until we leave Shanghai.  I have to say, I am getting excited!  Scott is in Chicago this week, loving reconnecting with his colleagues in the office there, and seeing our home that we haven't been in for nearly five years.  In the past I have dreaded the thought of leaving Shanghai, but for now it seems good.  Funny, I remember this feeling from other moves we've made.  While it is sad to leave so many special people behind, the anticipation for the new that is ahead of us is great!

Last night I attended a program at school about sending your child to college.  I'll admit I shed some tears, thinking about the moment of good-bye in the dorm room.  I'm so thankful that after we have the major move back to the US, we'll still have the weeks of summer with Caleb.  He is leaving Shanghai ahead of us, since graduation is several weeks before the other kids finish school, and I think saying good-bye to him in the Shanghai airport might be harder for me than leaving him at college will be.  It will be him leaving the life we've known here for good... guess I can't quite get it into words.

Lots of excitement over the next couple weeks, with grandparents arriving and all the festivities of graduation and end of the year programs.  Hanging on for the adventure!  And somewhere in there I will finish the darn insurance inventory for our move- ha!  :-)

3 comments:

Sarah Jane said...

Interesting - I guess it would feel harder not to all leave at the same time.Praying for peace and joy.

Rebecca said...

You have been so much in my thoughts and prayers along these lines recently, Lynne. I am overdue in calling or texting and will get to that shortly. Meanwhile, I marvel and rejoice with you at your joy in looking ahead and anticipating the good things He has for you-- and Caleb, and all of you.

Great photo, by the way. You are so pretty. And those guys are pretty good-looking, too. :)

Mary and Justin said...

What a great photo! Praying for you all this final month. Ahhhh...