Saturday, May 19, 2012

Caleb's Graduation!

 May 19, 2012.  Just three weeks until we leave Shanghai.  Today we weren't thinking about our move, but rather celebrating Caleb's completion of high school!  When we arrived here, he had just finished 7th grade and was a month shy of his 13th birthday.  We didn't imagine then that we would still be here five years later for graduation. 
 
What a great day it has been, with both sets of grandparents here to celebrate with us.  From Mr. Munson reading from The House At Pooh Corner in the commencement address, to the taget shooting alarm clock Caleb's basketball coach gave him as a graduation gift, to the fun after graduation banquet, it was a day we were reminded over and over again of the special community we have been a part of at Concordia.
 Diploma in hand! 





 So thankful for Grandpa & Grandma and Pa & Nanny's presence with us today!

 Hoag and Liptak guys... we are all leaving Shanghai together in a few weeks.
 Concordia phoenix behind us!

 This morning Gwen came into bed with me for a cuddle.  I was thinking about all the events of the day before us, and realized that her graduation was just ten years away.  That length of time might have sounded like a lot to me back when Caleb was my only little guy, but now that I'm a little older and have seen how the years pass, I know that it's just around the corner.  Can't really believe the time with Caleb as our boy is nearly over.  I love the man he's becoming.

4 comments:

Kayce said...

Congratulations Caleb!

Jason and Lisa said...

Oh, Lynne! Your blogs always remind me to use my days wisely with these kids. God is so good!
I can't believe I am saying I love those graduation gowns! Very original.
Blessings to what the Lord has prepared for Caleb.

Mary and Justin said...

Congrats Caleb! We are so proud of you! So looking forward to seeing you soon!!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to Caleb! Such a handsome young man you have become.

What a joy to see how God has answered those early prayers for friends and adjustment to a new place. You have wisely used your time in your five years, been blessed and blessed many. I have loved sharing (sometimes with tears) the pictures, watching the family grow up and reading the journal of your adventure!

Blessings,
Jan in St. Louis