Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Chairs, and Pictures Not Posted

A month or two ago I had the thought that I would like to post a photo per day for our last month in Shanghai.  I would take pictures of all the places that we go throughout the week, and all the typical Shanghai scenes that have become so familiar.  What a nice way to end my five years of on-location China blogging... ha, ha, ha.  Did not happen.  

We are now inside of three weeks until we move.  We've been entertaining both sets of grandparents here for graduation and are loving it.  We've had a steady stream of graduates in and out of our house, staying up til all hours, enjoying their new found freedom.  I have just tonight decided that the detailed insurance inventory for our move is officially finished and Scott is scanning and emailing it to the moving company right now.  Happy to have that off my list.  Lots of end of the year and good-bye gatherings for different friends in the coming days.  Air, Sea and Do Not Pack stickers to apply to all our household goods.  

So I offer this one photo today.  It was taken in a warehouse or rather series of warehouses of furniture and random decorating items that I visited and shopped in with some friends about a month ago.  The photo doesn't show nearly the scope of the stacks and stacks of chairs, literally hundreds of them piled up to the ceiling.  The man pictured climbed deftly up the bamboo ladder into the pile to pull out the chairs we pointed out to him.  It seemed sort of like a house of cards... we were amazed when he made it out without a big crash!  :-)

1 comment:

Sarah Jane said...

This is crazy! How can the chairs be in good shape? I'm amazed.