Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Morning

The bus came five minutes early. Doesn't seem like much, but it was five minutes we needed.

When we heard the honk of the horn announcing the bus's arrival, Gwen was still in the kitchen chewing the remaining fruit off the mango pit from her breakfast. No time to brush teeth now.

"Hurry up!" I called.

I helped her with her coat, noticing that she had mango around her mouth.

"Lick your lips!" I commanded as we ran to the door. Instead, she wiped her mouth on her clean pale pink jacket. Bright orange smears across the sleeve of pink fleece. Sigh.

As she climbed on the bus, I noticed matching orange smears down the side of her pink polka dotted pants. Obviously her hands had been hastily wiped off on the polka dots.

Sigh again. :-)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Life is amazingly messy! Mom

Anonymous said...

You're so patient to just give a sigh.

Christie said...

Hey! I am thinking..."she gets her daughter to eat Mangos? " How awesome is that!