Monday, March 01, 2010

At Long Last

I began Gwen's life book, which is a photo album that tells the story of her adoption, right after we moved to China. I worked on it in fits and starts, finding it harder to do than I imagined at first. Several years ago I found some ideas for wording of life books online that really helped me get over the hump of the writing bit, and I was pleased with it. However I just couldn't seem to make the time to sit down and finish. You know, drag out all the pens and adhesive and photo cutter and photos, and have scraps all over...

I am happy to say that I completed it this past Saturday morning. Ta-da! Sigh of relief being deeply breathed.

It's not perfect by any means, but it is a telling of her story, in words and pictures, that I put together in old-fashioned scrapbook form. I don't do the traditional scrapbooks anymore, finding digitally created books much quicker to complete, but I wanted to have one for Gwen's adoption in my own handwriting, especially since all my early photos of the other kids are in books like that.

So now it's done, and she is definitely pleased, having looked through it many times already. I've put it in the bookcase in her room, and I hope she'll pull it out again and again. I hope it will add to a secure sense for her of her adoption into our family being God's plan for her life.

4 comments:

Sarah Jane said...

Yaaaaaaaay! Congratulations!
What a great feeling. I imagine it'll be awhile before I see it!

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful gift to reinforce love! For Gwen to hold it in her hands as her very own story and look at it any time she wants to is exceptional! She can proudly share it with others she meets throughout her lifetime. There is no way to put a price on your accomplishment for the benefits and blessings it will provide.

God bless you. I love keeping up with your lives through this site.

Jan W.

park it said...

Do we get to see pics (of the not so private stuff...) Congrats !

Rebecca said...

I know it is wonderful, Lynne! I'm happy for Gwen (and for you) that it's finished. Can't wait to see it.

Miss you. I'm on break this week; hope we can talk.