Thursday, August 20, 2009

The Worth of a Soul

The other day I was in the car with Mr. Wu, and we pulled up beside a pick-up truck with a load of what looked like large sheets of plywood stacked in the back of it. There were two men standing up in the open back of the truck, holding on to the wood. I pointed this out to Mr. Wu as an unsafe situation, especially as we were traveling on a busy, six lane road at a fairly high speed. Mr. Wu's comment was, "Maybe people cheap, wood expensive."

I was dumbfounded. I said nothing. Since then I have thought of many things I could have said. For starters, "No, that's not true."

Psalm 139 comes to mind this morning.

For You created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Your works are wonderful, I know that full well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lynne, can you give Mr.Wu a copy of that verse? Mom