Sunday, August 02, 2009

At the Barn with Tamara

The girls and I are in western PA this weekend, enjoying time with my aunt and uncle and my cousin Tamara, who is my second sister. Yesterday we went out to the barn where Tamara's horse, whom she got as a twelve year old girl, is living out his days in the pasture. The girls had great fun grooming him with Tam, and then getting to ride him. Madelyn was pleased to get to show off the skills she learned in horse camp a few weeks ago, esp. when Tam let her ride on her own.

After a moment of uncertainty when he first started moving under her, Gwen was thrilled get to ride a horse! Tam took her for a nice long ride down the road and back.
Tam and I with her old friend, PV. He's a lot whiter than he used to be, but still seems to be full of spirit! What a treat for my city girls and I to get to hang out at the barn for a few hours!

1 comment:

Laura said...

I had such a fun weekend with you and the girls Lynne! I'm glad PV was able to give Gwen her first horsey ride. So fun to be IN one of your blog posts!