Monday, August 24, 2009

EC is Three!

Happy Birthday, Emma Clare! It was so very fun to spend time with you this summer... you are such a big girl now.

I loved how you would tell me, "Good job" when I did something for you, or say, "It's okay" in a comforting way as you shrugged your shoulders.

It seems fitting that this picture of you happens to be when you were hanging upside down on your swing, because you love to swing! "Push me on my swing?" is one of your frequent requests.

Once as I was trying to sneak into the house just for a moment, for a drink of water or something, leaving you on your swing, you called after me.
"Aunt Lynne!"
"Yes, Emma Clare?"
"I like you!"
"I like you too, Emma Clare."
"Aunt Lynne!"
"Yes, Emma Clare?"
"I love you!"
"I love you, too, Emma Clare."

Happy, happy birthday. I love you too, Emma Clare!

3 comments:

Mary and Justin said...

great picture! ec is sure a sweetie :)

Anonymous said...

Dear Aunt LYnne,
I love you! Thank you! Can you come to my house? :) Are you "at" China?
Love, EC

sarah said...

OH! That is just so precious!