Thursday, August 20, 2009

We're Back, Baby

I've gotten my hair cut. Made chicken soup with rice, whole wheat bread, and fresh peach ice cream. Had a group of little girls over for an afternoon of fixing hair, dressing up, and watching "Little House on the Prairie." Spent a couple of afternoons at the pool. Emptied nine large pieces of luggage. Worn a bright yellow t-shirt with the words "ASK ME, I CAN HELP" at new student orientation at Concordia. Walked to church and had dinner with small group friends afterwords. Had a foot massage. Loved up the affection starved kitties. Caught up with my neighbors. Taken Seth to the orthodontist. Sorted through my home school stuff. Planted new flowers in the pots on the front steps. Tried to reorient myself to the s-l-o-w internet in China.

We're back. It feels like home.

5 comments:

Kristen said...

Goodness! I think you've done more in the last few days than I've done all summer! :) Glad you're home safely!

Sarah Jane said...

Great post. Glad you're settled! The pic of the kids on the side bar is cute!

Life in the journey said...

Wow, you have been busy but it sounds like it was a "happy busy"the kind that brings deep satisfaction not the kinds that leaves you empty.

I am glad that in the midst of it you always find time for a foot massage. I miss so much that aspect of China, affordable foot massage everywhere.

Rebecca said...

Sounds like it was a great week, Lynne!

Anonymous said...

So glad you are back in the groove! Mom