Friday, April 17, 2009

These Little Piggies

...were at the market. Carrefour, to be exact. They are steamed buns, with red bean paste inside. We bought three of them when Shann and Sarah were visiting, and nibbled one of them. Not so very yummy, so instead of being eaten, these remaining two had their portraits taken, and then were relegated to a spot on the shelf in my kitchen where they still sit, looking cute. They are quite dry and hard now, and about ready for the trash. They must have been a sort of Easter-y product... haven't seen them before.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

What is up with the bean paste? I'll never forget enjoying a hard candy in Japan that I sucked and sucked on, only to discover-- to my dismay-- that it was loaded with bean paste on the inside. That is Nothing Like a Tootsie Roll, let me tell you!

Hazel's mom said...

I've enjoyed red bean icecream before, but I guess that tastes better than paste. At least they were cute! (Appropriately, my verification word it gagsits!)