Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Just For Fun...

I bought myself a pedometer last week, a little device you clip onto your belt that counts how many steps you take. It took me a few days to figure out the various buttons on it and get it ready to actually use. Today was the first day, although I forgot to clip it on until about an hour after I got up. Now it's 10:43 pm and it has been counting my steps for the past fifteen or so hours. So far I have taken 13, 203 steps. I may take another hundred or two before I'm actually in bed for the night. It's amazing how quickly they rack up!

Not sure why this information is necessary, but it's interesting. And Caleb wants to wear the pedometer tomorrow.

6 comments:

Rebecca said...

Very fun! With that many steps, who needs to exercise??? Ha ha!

Lynne said...

After I wrote the post, I googled how many steps one should take in a day. Found out that over 10,000 is considered "very active." Hmmm. Not sure I was very active yesterday, but I'm glad to know I wasn't sedentary!

Anonymous said...

It's nice to know you're not a couch potato. Sounds like a good graph exercise for math.
Lisa

Anonymous said...

sounds like quite a treat! I can see that stopping the spooning would be difficult! Mom

Anonymous said...

sounds like quite a treat! I can see that stopping the spooning would be difficult! Mom

Anonymous said...

Lynne, keep this up, and you will have strong bones when you are older! You are one busy lady, but blessed.

Jan W.