Monday, March 23, 2009

Birthday Party!

First "friend party" for Gwen! Last Saturday morning we had seven little girls come to join Gwen and Madelyn for an hour and a half of games and treats! It was so much fun... I hadn't even told Gwen about the party until the day before, and we decorated for the party after she went to bed Friday night. When she woke up Saturday morning and saw the pink and purple streamers and stars hanging from the ceiling, she was very excited!

Here all the girls show the party bags they decorated with stickers as they arrived.The old stand by, Duck-Duck-Goose, renamed Happy-Happy-Birthday, was fun even for me!
Gwen whacked open the pinata!
Freeze dance!
We had an indoor picnic... the black olives made lovely fancy fingernails.
Rice Krispie and popcorn cake!
It was a fun first party. I think Gwen was really pleased, and Scott and I were pleased to realize that a child's birthday party is no longer a stressful endeavor for us!
Happy Birthday, Gwenny Girl! We love you all the way to the moon and back.

6 comments:

Hazel's mom said...

So, how many kid's birthday parties is that until it's no big deal? Hazel will probably be 18 by then? :)

Anonymous said...

I have seen this cake on here before. Is it the same recipe for regular rice crispy treats. I think it looks yummy and not as difficult as having to frost a cake.
Lisa

Lynne said...

Yep, it's just rice krispie treats. I added popcorn to this one because I didn't have enough rise krispies!

Rebecca said...

Wow! Can't believe she's five!!! And what a wonderful party. She looks thrilled!

Happy birthday, darling girl!

Sarah Jane said...

She looks so pretty and grown up.

Laura said...

Those girls are so beautiful. The pictures just ooze fun. I wish I could have been there.