Sunday, March 08, 2009

Daddy Daughter Dance, at last!

The long awaited Girl Scout Daddy Daughter Masquerade Ball was last night! Madelyn had been anticipating this event for months. We had a dress made at the fabric market, chose a special purple tie for Daddy, picked out shoes that would be comfortable for dancing, and all along she has been counting down the days and preparing special notes for Scott, to give to him the day of the dance. Gwen couldn't attend the dance, not being a Girl Scout, but she dressed up anyway in the flower girl dress Madelyn wore years ago and joined in the photo session beforehand. You'll have to indulge me a little... I took lots of pictures! The dance was for daddys and daughters only, so I couldn't tag along with my camera, but Scott got some great shots during the dance.

All dressed up and ready for a wonderful evening...

Beautiful sisters together
Joy! Can't believe this day has finally come! Love this sweet little smile~

Scott and Madelyn had practiced their moves for a couple of weeks before the big day came... they had special signals for when he would twirl her around, or dip her back in her arms.
Not sure what this move is!
"You are the dancing queen..."Toward the end of the evening, the girls tossed rose petals from the dinner tables into the air as they twirled on the dance floor... Who is that masked couple?
Back at home, Daddy rests his feet and Madelyn revels in the wonderful evening! And here is one of the special notes Madelyn made for her daddy, with pictures of her through the years... "You are in my heart."

15 comments:

park it said...

What beautiful princesses you have in your home...where did the little girls go...they grow up so quickly into little ladies. I know they enjoyed this sooo much!

Hope to see you very soon in Beijing!
Carol & K

Heather said...

How precious! And what a beautiful dress. Looks like they had a wonderful evening.

Regina said...

What a special memory to make. The girls looked so beautiful and the smiles are priceless.

Jennifer J said...

Just Awesome...you're girls are blessed! Those pics brought joy to a dreary midwest day!

Love,
Jen

Mary Beth said...

Lynne - Here's the information on my pictures - I responded on my blog, but I don't know if you will get the message or not there:

Lynne,

We had the pictures done by GANG OF ONE. He does an excellent job of family pictures. The one at the bottom is what we put on our Christmas cards! Here's his website: http://www.gangofone.com.cn

He's also in the Concordia book!

Life in the journey said...

Lynne, the pictures were beautiful and I know this will be one of those memories that Madelyn will cherish for ever. Scott is a great dad and you a wonderful mom . I love every single picture especially the one of Madelyn twirling.

Mary and Justin said...

I love all the pictures! Madelyn you're beautiful! We miss you all!

Kristen said...

That is seriously the most precious thing! She will never forget that special night! What fun!

sarah said...

Oh my goodness! Madelyn looks so grown up in that dress! It's absolutely beautiful! What great pictures!

Rebecca said...

oh, Lynne! These pictures brought tears to my eyes! How beautiful!
Tell liklak I love the one of him doing the "white-man's overbite."
Love to you all. Miss you.

Anonymous said...

The pictures of the daddy daughter dance are so magical! They warm my heart every time I look at them! There were so many wonderful parts of that evening, Madelyn! You looked so beautiful! Grandma

Jennifer said...

Hi~I've never left a comment before, but I have followed your blog for atleast a year. We are heading your way on Friday as we adopt our second child. We have a overnight stay in Shanghai and then on to Nanjing via train. Our blog is www.thehewgleys.blogspot.com. I enjoy your blog and I think your children will be blessed so much by having the opportunity to live in China!!
Jennifer

Tina said...

SO beautiful !

Laura said...

These pictures are precious!!!

Anonymous said...

What wonderful memories for Madelyn and her Daddy! The photos were so precious! Gwen looked so beautiful too and her hair has gotten so long! Madelyn you looked like a beautiful princess!
Love, Aunt Jenna