Tuesday, January 20, 2009

That's Final

Yes, even here in our rental house in China, I have started marking the kids' growth on the wall in one of the doorways. I had a spot in our storage closet in our apartment last year. Caleb is growing really fast these days and is wanting to be measured more often than seems necessary. Of course since he passed me last summer, he's a little calmer about it all. However, Scott is still ahead of him. The other day we did some marking of heights on the wall, and Seth began to see that he is gaining on me. He decided I should have a mark on the wall. Once it was penciled in, he labeled it. Not with the date, you will notice in the darkish photo above, but with the word FOREVER. Ha, ha. Then I marked Scott's height, also with FOREVER. Scott pointed out to all of us that actually, he and I will probably begin to shrink at some point.

Not if I keep taking my calcium. :-)
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Heather said...

My grandparents always did that with us 4 grandchildren in the wall of their kitchen pantry. Now that we are all adults it is so fun to look at our gains through the years!

Anonymous said...

how tall is caleb?

Mary Beth said...

I love the Mom - Forever and Dad - Forever. We may have to add that to our wall!

Rebecca said...

lol! Bill just asked me what I was laughing at.

Forever, indeed. Let's keep the calcium coming!