Monday, August 11, 2008

Modeling?

Not the first thing I would choose for my boys, but when Scott was approached in Carrefour a week or so ago by a women asking if the boys would be interested in modeling, the boys were excited because they heard $$$. Of course in this case, it's RMB, not USD. :-)

Seth had his first chance on Monday. He and our friend Lucas both modeled a large box of sweaters for the photography crew that came to our house. (Sneak peek of my living room curtains in these photos.) I was pleased to have their first opportunity be in our own home, and the woman in charge paid me a little for the use of our place! Caleb and Lucas's brother Lance really enjoyed watching their brothers get made up. The crew spent about 30 minutes fixing Seth and Lucas's hair and applying make-up. They even got their eyelashes curled!
The photographer took about 20 or so pictures of the boys in each sweater, then called out, "Change!" The crew quickly brought another sweater, the boys would change, and then the hair readjusting, fluffing, and spraying had to happen each time before the next round of pictures began.

The photographers let me take as many pictures as I wanted, as long as I didn't use a flash. This one is my favorite... how about that hair?!
The photographers knew minimal English, but I heard "Cool Boy!" a lot, apparently when they wanted a non-smiling look.
On location... at the Liptak house!

We don't know if the kids will have more chances to do this or not, but if nothing else, it's a funny China memory.


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! There will be no living with them now! I have to say that the sweaters remind me a little of the ones Bill Cosby used to wear on the Cosby show in the 80's. :>
Beth

Kayce said...

Pretty cool! Reminds me of the 80's look. LOL! Your new place looks awesome!

Lynne said...

I know, the sweaters are pretty bad. The boys wondered who on earth would be buying them.

Anonymous said...

Oh I have heard of so many people doing stuff like this here. Jolanta's daughter has even been a star in a movie. These are pictures you have to save for the future wives to see. Love the lipstick in the last picture!!
Lisa

park it said...

Lynne
What great pics - and the curtains are lovely with the chandelier's - looks like a great house!

Looks like the boys (young men) had a fun time - cool boys..

Hope all else is well
Carol & Kimberly

Rebecca said...

Oh dear! Seth looks so... pretty! :) What a fun afternoon!

Laura said...

What a fun opportunity! The sweaters are ugly, but who cares?! Seth looks like a natural - cool boy! And your house is featured in a photo shoot! It looks great - I love the curtains. Did you make them?

sarah said...

Oh wow! What heartbreakers! :)