Sunday, August 31, 2008

"Antique" Street

One day last week I took the three older kids to this pedestrian street on the Puxi side of Shanghai. Mark and Mindy and I had gone together last spring when they were visiting, but the kids had never been. I'm not sure how much of these vendors' wares are true antiques, but it's a fun place to poke around and hone your bargaining skills! Caleb, Seth and Madelyn jumped right in and wouldn't take no for an answer to their price. They actually didn't buy much, but decided they might like to come back here to Christmas shop. Watch out, grandparents!

Notice how people gather to watch the Western kids.
I love this shot of Seth, in full bargaining mode!




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! I am so impressed that the kids have the confidence to bargain. I don't think I could do that. I remember when we were in Mexico years ago, I didn't buy a thing because I was so overwhelmed. Of course, it didn't help that all the vendors had the same line: "Our stuff is better than Wal-mart"!! We got quite a chuckle out of that.

Beth

Sarah Jane said...

Seth, Grandpa and I loved the picture of you bargaining. Hysterical.
A. Sarah

Rebecca said...

I love that photo of Seth. Very Impressive.