Tuesday, March 18, 2008

A Question

"Why some people can't keep a baby?"

This was Gwen's question today as I read the last page of "I Love You Like Crazy Cakes", a well known and much loved Chinese adoption storybook, to her at naptime. The adoptive mother in the story is snuggling her newly adopted daughter and shedding tears for the Chinese mother who could not keep her infant, wanting her to know that the child was safe and happy in the world.

In answer to her question, I told her that some people think China is too crowded and so each family is only allowed to have one baby. If they have a second one, they can't keep it. I told her that was part of God's plan so that she would be part of our family. She seemed satisfied.

Is that answer enough? Is it good enough?

I know more questions are coming.

No comments: