Thursday, March 06, 2008

Chinese Dogs

There are a suprisingly large number of dog owners living in our complex. They tend to take the dogs to the large grassy area in front of our building to run and Madelyn is always happy to join them. She has made many friends among the dogs and their owners. Many of them are Chinese, and Madelyn has figured out how to ask them in Chinese what the dogs' names are. We now know Lulu, Fur, Salala, Thompson, Marci, Ooodudu (I'm guessing on the spelling of that one!), and many others. She swears she can tell which dog is out in the field from our 48th floor window, and if a dog she particularly likes is out, she will hurry down the elevator to go play with him or her. The thing I wonder about is how these dogs came to understand Chinese. :-)


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Madelyn, I think you have inherited a love of animals from your grandmother! G. E.

Rebecca said...

Laughing.... Yes, dogs are smart creatures, aren't they, mastering a foreign tongue like that! If only we could be so quick on the uptake. :)

So good, as ever, to see our Madelyn smiling.

sarah said...

Madelyn - I haven't forgotten about sending you a picture of your "cousin" Woody - I promise I will! Along with your grandmother - I think you may have partially inherited that love from me as well! Love and miss you so much and can't wait to see you so soon!