Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Typhoon

Just want to let you know, in case you are a weather watcher, that although the typhoon of the decade was predicted to hit Shanghai yesterday, it moved in another direction. School had been called off for Wednesday on Tuesday afternoon because of the predicted severe weather, but we ended up with just a lot of rain and some wind. So it ended up being a nice day off in the middle of the week.

We all know about snow days... had you ever heard of a "typhoon day"? New to me!

3 comments:

Kayce said...

Glad you are all okay. And yes, typhoon days are new to me too! LOL

park it said...

You call them typhoons we call them hurricanes - WELCOME TO MY WORLD!!!

Right now we are having a Nor Eastern -why it is not called North Eastern I have no idea - about 5-6 inches of rain almost daily- for a week - a 30-45 mph wind - but - hey - no hurricane and we still have to go to work :-(
Glad all is well !
c & k

Anonymous said...

Hi Lynne! Saw your mom at CTK tonite after a couple years of being away. . . she met my #6 and #7, and I asked about you! She gave me the address to your blog, and I read quite a bit! Can I e-mail you somehow?

Heather Mason (Niemi)