Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Just a Tiny Mouthful

Sometimes I think Mr. Wu delights in shocking me. With our limited communication abilities, I'm sure that sometimes the message is lost in translation, and so perhaps I am shocked by something I though he said, but in truth I just misunderstood.

However, yesterday I am quite sure that he told me that newborn mice are eaten in the Guangdong province and considered quite delicious. Mr. Wu himself, being Shanghainese, does not eat this dish, but he wanted me to know about it. He even pantomimed picking up the tiny creatures with chopsticks and eating them so I would understand.

Thank you, thank you very much. I'm not sure I needed this information.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gross!

Jenny V said...

Just a note to tell you how much I enjoy your blog. I have been following China adoption blogs for well over 2 years now. We had hoped to adopt and I guess we still do hope but the new requirements (mostly financial) and the long wait times have caused us to hold off for now. Basically I have come to understand that God has to open this door. I love your blog because it is like being there with you. The adoption blogs are just great because you learn so much about the process and the people etc. Your blog gives a different view of china- the everyday living view. I am so grateful to have that to add to my knowledge base. It is my hope and prayer that we can adopt from China in the future and I truly feel that your blog will allow me to know more about the culture and the country than I would have otherwise. Thanks for sharing your faith, your family and your experinces through your blog-
Sincerely
Jenny V

Tina said...

in China ,people always keep tell you never marry a GUANGDONGEE,this is why!