Saturday, September 01, 2007

Hidden Away

We recently discovered this amazing group of old Chinese style buildings hidden away right inside our apartment complex. We knew there was a Chinese restaurant somewhere in our complex, and when I went hunting for it, I was amazed at what a wonderful find it was! We haven't even graced the doorway of the actually restaurant, but the grounds and gardens and out buildings are lovely. The best part of the gardens for the kids is a fairly extensive labyrinth of small man made caves and rockery tunnels, which are lit inside at night and would be very cool for hide-and-seek.



I love this view... the old style Chinese roof top, and then in the distance one of the tallest buildings in the world, the World Financial Center, which is still under construction.
Caleb and Gwen just about to round the bend at the end of this covered walkway.
We brought some stale cookies along on one of our visits to feed to the many large goldfish and two Chinese ducks in the pond area.
The restaurant itself... someday soon maybe we will actually eat there!
Old and new together.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Lynne, it's Katie. I ENJOY reading all about the adventures of the Liptak clan! Thanks for posting stuff for those of us all the way in America! I just finished my first week at Duke... grad school is tough! I tried the church that you told me about, the one your friends go to, and I LOVED it... i think I'm going to go back next week! Thanks for the suggestion! I have a blog site, I can give you the address for if you'd like... i don't keep it up as much as you but I'm going to try. Please tell everyone hello. I love you all!

Anonymous said...

oh, my email is katie.plichta@gmail.com... I can't remember if I gave it to you or not!