Sunday, April 22, 2007

Minor Details

This morning was busy. Among the normal Sunday morning activities, I had gotten up early to take my sister and her two children to the airport to return home after several days' visit at our house. Then there was the making of beds, ironing dresses, minor argument with pre-teen about appropriate Sunday morning attire, curling hair, removing greasy play make-up from 3 year old's face, preparing breakfast, finding something to wear myself, finding socks and shoes, vacuuming the family room (I know, I shouldn't have added that into the mix, but I thought I had extra time!) finding keys, and finally buckling into the car to head to church.

As I turned the key in the ignition and shifted the car into reverse, Gwen's little voice called from the back seat, "No panties?"

In all the activities of the morning, I had dressed my daughter in a cute spring dress, curled her hair, put her socks and shoes on her... but had completely forgotten about underwear.

At least she reminded me before we got to church.

4 comments:

park it said...

So how are you liking single mommyhood so far- busy as a bee!

I have to say - you will be very happy yo have hubby home! Then time for you to ck into a spa for a day or 2 - let dad take over!

Best wishes - with your own Brady Bunch!
Hugs fm us
c & k

Anonymous said...

THIS IS SO FUNNY! Miss & Love you!
Lana

Anonymous said...

Lynne! What a funny story! Every day events like this help us to keep things in perspective. If we at least have our underwear on, we are good to go! Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

A cute never-to-be forgotten story. I began to feel frantic just reading about your Sunday morning routine.

Jan W.