Tuesday, January 02, 2007

My Christmas Boy

Seth is a Christmas baby. He was born on December 23. The nurses in the hospital were having their holiday party the day he was born, so they let me keep him with me for longer than usual before taking him to bathe and dress him. My nurse brought me a plate of food from their party for my lunch! Once Seth was cleaned up, they wheeled him into my room in the little hospital bassinet, and the nurse said, "Look what Santa brought!" There was Seth, sleeping peacefully tucked inside a Christmas stocking! He was adorable! I've taken his picture in that hospital stocking every year since then... of course he doesn't really fit anymore! See the last picture! :-)

Here are a few pictures from this year's celebration of Seth!

The first gift of the day was a birthday robe and hat from Pa and Nanny!
We surprised Seth with lunch out at Mongolian Barbeque... you choose your own raw ingredients and then watch as they are cooked in front of you. Caleb spelled out a birthday message in the bottom of his bowl!Later in the day we all went ice skating... some of us skated more than others, if you know what I mean!
Seth could move pretty fast on the ice.
Much anticipated gift!
Here is the boy in the stocking... almost!

2 comments:

kathy said...

happy birthday seth. i love the noodles. that is so something my ten year old would love. aain thanks for sharing.

Rebecca said...

Happy Birthday, Seth! An electric guitar-- Wow! William and Everett were trying those out at the music store a few weeks ago....

And the birthday message spelled out with the food is, uh, pretty gross. Definitely something a ten-year-old would love! :)