Tuesday, November 01, 2005

God Will Do It

I just got off the phone with Sharon from Children's Hope. I asked her if the orphanage staff does anything to prepare the little girls that their lives are about to change. I wondered if maybe they talked with them about it for a few weeks ahead of time, to get them used to the idea that they will be leaving the only home they've ever known and given to strangers who will be their new parents.

She doesn't think they tell them anything.

Sharon told me about another Children's Hope employee, Mary, who adopted two school age children from China 5-6 years ago. Mary was the first person I ever spoke to at CHI. Sharon said that Mary's children, even at their age of obvious understanding, were not told anything. They had kind of figured it out because they had observed that when children were sent for shots they were often adopted soon after. But as far as talking about it ahead of time... nothing.

So, I guess it's all up to God. I've asked Him for months to prepare Gwen to be a part of our family. Can He do this? Is He big enough?

My prayer this morning was that once she is with us, she'll know she's finally home. Please continue to pray with us for this. I know that we will witness a miracle... can't wait to share it with you!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lynne, We will certainly continue to pray that Gwen will be enveloped by the Holy Spirit and feel so at peace and at home with you and Scott. When she meets Caleb, Seth and Madelyn I pray that God will work in them to know just how to approach her. It makes me weep to think of the whole process. I pray that Dad and I and the rest of the extended family will envelope her in His love! Mom

Anonymous said...

Lynne-I always read your blog and end up crying and asking myself, "are you going to tear up every time you read these??" The answer is yes, I am afraid. I like to wait a couple of days before checking your blog like I wait to open a present! It is such fun for me to read and feel like I am a part of what you are going through! Your faith and trust and patience (at least on the outside) during this experience is truly inspirational to me. Gwen is going to have such a wonderful loving family! PS. The quilt is LOVELY! Keep writing! -J. Curtis