Friday, November 11, 2005

The Final Countdown

Well, not only did we get the travel dates this morning, but half an hour after the first email, I got a second one from the Children's Hope China travel coordinator. This email contained an itinerary... which means we now know the day that Gwen will be placed in our arms, and it is ONE MONTH FROM TODAY!! On the itinerary it says,

Sun, Dec 11- Fly to your child's province as a group, receive your child in the afternoon.

Receive your child!! Those are the words we've been waiting to hear, to know when we would actually be holding Gwen. She's certainly been received into hearts for a long, long while, but this final step it going to be so amazing!! I can only imagine the joy of that moment.

So, we're counting down... 30 days from today, we will receive our child.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How sweet the sound of Dec 11th rings in the ear !! An actual "delivery date". I know for a fact, from reading your blog, that God is doing a mighty work in all of your hearts to receive this precious one and, because of that, He will do wonders in Gwen's heart to mesh with His and yours. God is so good! Love, hugs and prayers. "A.C."

Anonymous said...

Lynne, every time I imagine that moment, I weep. Maybe you can get all the weeping accomplished ahead of time. It reminds me of my prayer for a year before you were married. I asked God to contain my tears during the ceremony and receiving line. He graciously answered that prayer! You would hate to be crying when they first put her in your arms. Love, Mom