Wednesday, November 10, 2010

City Cemetery

When Scott and I were in Hong Kong for Caleb's volleyball tournament, I wandered into this cemetery near our hotel. It was a massive place, built all over several steep hills in the middle of the city. I love old cemeteries, and this one was particularly fascinating because of where it is located and also because it is Muslim, which made the headstones interesting reading. I found the graves so close together and covered in sand rather than grass to be a bit eerie.
Tomorrow a friend and I are going to be a part of a photography trip to a nearby village and temple. We'll be instructed in how to take good pictures of the subject matter. Hopefully I'll be able to take some photos worth sharing here. :-)

3 comments:

Sarah Jane said...

Muslim? In Hong Kong?

Rebecca said...

Very interesting. I like that some have trees planted on them. That would be nice, I think.

Mark said...

I saw cemeteries like that in Charleston - very close together, stone borders outlining the plot, sandy, but not Muslim.