Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Ta-da!!

Madelyn has been waiting a long time for this day (and has been responsible for picking up her clothes for many, many months in order to be considered responsible enough to do this!), this day that she could get her ears pierced. We are visiting my sister and her family in the Philadelphia area this week, so it seemed a special time to make it happen. Here Alyssa and Gwen watch and wait in awe with Madelyn for the process to begin.
Madelyn really wanted to get her ears pierced at a place where both ears could be done at the same time. This Claire's store fit the bill. She chose pretty little light green (peridot) jewels.
First look at them...
She acted pretty cool about the whole process while we were in the store and in the photo above, but I think this picture we took with the Claire's bag after we got home tells the real story!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, my girls have been asking too. I like the responsible to pick up clothes idea. They want to do it with my close friends daughter who is only in town this month. We will see.
Lisa

sarah said...

Oh! How fun & special for her!

Looking good Madelyn! :)

Kristen said...

That is SO COOL! And I love how you had her show she was ready for such responsibility. Gonna have to copy you on that one!

Ruth Buck said...

Congrats!! I remember when I got mine done - it WAS a big deal! I think mom and I both got ours done together which was fun. Love you!

Mary and Justin said...

Yay Madelyn! I like the choice of earrings too!

Caroline said...

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!

Life in the journey said...

Madelyn, I am very happy for you. Hope you can use the earings I sent to China :-)
Lots of love to you girlie girl :-)