Thursday, June 03, 2010

I Heart Shanghai

Out with friends tonight, discussing summer schedules over dinner. All of us have been here for three years and have several more to go, but we both know a number of families who are leaving Shanghai at the end of this school year. We said to each other, "What will that last American Airlines flight back to the US be like?" Someday we will be heading back for good, it will be the last flight "home", yet we'll be leaving so much of our hearts here in China.

I know our families might hate to hear this, but as much as we miss being close to them, we sure love where we live now. We're excited to return to the US for a long visit this summer, but we're grateful that we get to return to Shanghai in August, at least for a couple more years.

5 comments:

Sarah Jane said...

I'm maturing into an individual that doesn't hate to hear that! :) I'm so glad you love where you live.

Kristen said...

I'm so glad you are happy to be where you are. That is a good lesson for all of us. Bloom where you're planted, right? :)

Jennifer J said...

I heart China, too.

Mary and Justin said...

After getting a glimpse of your community there, I think I really understand! Nothing like it anywhere else!

Mary Beth said...

It will be really hard to be the person on that flight this summer. I broke down at Concordia with the lunch ladies after telling them I would miss the sandwiches there yesterday (chatting to them in Chinese)!