Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Madelyn Stuff

Madelyn is taking a tap dance class this fall for the first time, spurred on by the fact that we found tap shoes on clearance at Walmart last summer. No, really it was her idea. :-) Last weekend she got to perform with her class at an outdoor festival.

*******
Our monthly homeschool group had a book report day last week. Madelyn came up with this visual for it herself, recreating the cover of the American Girl Addy book she read out of colored modeling clay.

******

A poem she wrote for fun last week~


Animal Favorites

Lions, tigers and zebras, too
You can find them at the zoo
Hamsters, cats and dogs, of course
And please do not forget the horse
There is no time for any more
So please go out and shut the door.

By Madelyn Liptak

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I just saw the other day that camo hunting outfits are now marked down at Walmart. I'm excited to her how she does buck hunting season. -Uncle Shann

Sarah Jane said...

I love the clay modeling - that looks like it took a long time! Cute poem...I shall now go and read it to Caden and Alyssa.

Christie said...

Madelyn is looking so grown up and more and more lovely!

Anonymous said...

Your a poet and don't know it. I love your poem. Keep them coming.
I love you! - Nannie

Anonymous said...

Love the poem and tap dancing photo!!!
love, Aunt Jenna

Rebecca said...

Madelyn, you are brilliant! I love all of this! Miss you.

Anonymous said...

Madelyn, I loved all the "Madelyn stuff" on your mom's blog! It gives me more of a peek into your life! Next time I see you, I will be ready for a tap demo! Grandma

Mary and Justin said...

We love you Madelyn!